By so far, levitra has been found to be very effective in treatment of erectile dysfunction and without much occurrence of side effects. It is well tolerated and not very long lasting. However, you should not go for levitra medication if;
- You are on medication that belongs to "nitrates" class of drugs. These medications help you to relieve from chest pain and often prescribed after heart diseases.
- You are on some recreational drugs known as "poppers", such as amyl nitrate or butyl nitrate. If you try to take levitra in combination with nitrates, it can lead to serious health problems.
- You are allergic to any component or ingredient that is present in levitra.
It is always suggested to take advice of your physician before taking levitra. Once you discuss your medical conditions with your doctor, he may prescribe you levitra after he finds it right and safe for you. Your physician is the best person to determine that sexual activity poses a health risk for you.
Common side effects of levitra
- Mild headache
- Runny nose
- Abdominal pain
- Abnormal ejaculation
However, there are some other rare side effects that may appear after taking levitra. These are;
Apart from above side-effects, there may appear certain other rare problems. In case, you experience any unusual side-effect, seek medical help right away to avoid unwanted unpleasant situation.
- Priapism; if find an erection lasting more than four hours, seek medical help immediately. It should be treated immediately as it may prove dangerous to your penis.
- Abnormal Vision; you may find trouble telling differences between colors like blue and green.
- Sudden reduced or loss of vision; stop taking levitra if you experience this side effect
Lower doses of levitra are prescribed for patients who take certain medications like ritonavir, itraconazole, indinavir, ketoconazole, and erythromycin.